Thermal Radiata Pine
During the production of Thermal Radiata Pine, high-tech computer-controlled ovens are being used, in which the wood is exposed to temperatures of approximately 230 degrees Celsius. This process ensures the structure of the wood to change, as a result of which the durability and stability is significantly increased. Furthermore, thermal modification provides the wood with a splendid deep dark-brown colour. The expected lifespan is even 30 years.
• Wood type: Radiata Pine
• Origin: New Zealand
• Volume mass: 450 kg / m3
• Shrinkage and expansion: approx. 2 – 3% tangential and 0.25% axial
• Moisture content: approx. 7% (on delivery)
• Expected lifespan: 30 years
• Area of application: facade cladding without ground contact
• Durability class: I / II
• Gluing: Gluing is possible with PVA, PU and MUF glues
• Fixing: Preferably use stainless steel
(silicone, bronze and copper can cause discoloration)
When the wood is oiled or stained:
- The color stays beautiful longer
- Small cracks are reduced
- It improves stability
- Increases the service life considerably
Advice is to always use it oiled or stained for facade cladding.
We have Thermal Radiata Pine directly in stock.
|Widths||150 and 200 mm|
|Lengths||360, 420, 480 cm|
|Certified||FSC® Mix Credit|